Applications Now Open!
We are now accepting applications for Farmers and Artisans.
Applications for Prepared Food and Community Groups remain closed.
Visalia Farmers Market Association (VFMA) is comprised of two types of merchant memberships:
Vendor Memberships (Farmers, Artisans, & Prepared Foods)
Vendor Membership – the basics
Vendor Membership falls into three categories:
- Certified Farmer Vendors – All agricultural products sold at market must be certified with a Producer’s Certificate issued by the Agricultural Commissioner’s Office in county of origin. Certified Vendor Members must be Certified Growers.
- Artisans Vendors – This vendor category includes a variety of arts and crafts. All non-agricultural products sold at the market must be hand-made. Resell items are not allowed.
- Prepared Foods Concessions – APPLICATIONS ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED FOR FOOD VENDORS. YOU MAY SEND AN EMAIL INQUIRY FOR MORE INFOMATION. The sale of ANY food item at the Visalia Farmers Market requires a Certified Kitchen, Caterers, Cottage Food , or Mobile Food Permit and a Temporary Food Event Permit from the Tulare County Health Department. Please attach a copy of any Health Department permits you have. You may apply for membership before obtaining permits.
- There is a $15 processing fee for all food vendor applications.
- Food vendor applications for Saturday farmers market are only reviewed twice a year. The next application review will be in early 2021.
Please choose your category below for the correct application.
Your application will open in a new window as a Google Form.
Community Groups – the basics
- VFMA allows approved non-profit organizations and community information groups to have space at the market.
- All interested parties requesting such a space must apply and be approved by the VFMA Board of Directors.
- Approved groups are allowed to participate FREE of charge at Visalia Farmers Markets on a once per market day (Th. and Sat.) basis and contingent on pre-approval.
- Resell of items, approved by the board of directors, related to or in support of a participating organization for fund raising purposes, is permitted.
- Health permits may be required for food related items.
- Any fundraising must be approved in advance by the Market Manager.