At this time the Visalia Farmers Market Association (VFMA) is comprised of two types of memberships. We offer:
- Vendor Memberships
- Community Group Space
Please read the basic guidelines below in order to determine which membership type will best suit your specific needs.
Vendor Membership – the basics
Vendor Membership falls into three categories:
- Certified Farmer Vendors – All agricultural products sold at market must be certified with a Producer’s Certificate issued by the Agricultural Commissioner’s Office in county of origin. Certified Vendor Members must be Certified Growers.
- Non-Certified Artisans Vendors – All non-agricultural products sold at the market must be hand-made. Resell items are not allowed. This vendor category includes a variety of arts, crafts, prepackaged food items
- Hot Foods Concessions
Community Groups – the basics
VFMA allows approved non-profit organizations and community information groups to have space at the market.
- All interested parties requesting such a space must apply and be approved by the VFMA Board of Directors.
- Approved groups are allowed to participate FREE of charge at Visalia Farmers Markets on a once per market day (Th. and Sat.) basis and contingent on pre-approval.
- Resell of items, approved by the board of directors, related to or in support of a participating organization for fund raising purposes, is permitted.
- Health permits may be required for food related items.
- Any fundraising must be approved in advance by the Market Manager.