Visalia Farmers Market Association (VFMA) is comprised of two types of merchant memberships:
ATTENTION: Please read the basic guidelines below in order to determine which membership type will best suit your specific needs.
Vendor Membership – the basics
Vendor Membership falls into three categories:
- Certified Farmer Vendors – All agricultural products sold at market must be certified with a Producer’s Certificate issued by the Agricultural Commissioner’s Office in county of origin. Certified Vendor Members must be Certified Growers.
- Artisans Vendors – This vendor category includes a variety of arts and crafts. All non-agricultural products sold at the market must be hand-made. Resell items are not allowed.
- Prepared Foods Concessions – The sale of ANY food item at the Visalia Farmers Market requires a Certified Kitchen, Caterers, Cottage Food , or Mobile Food Permit and a Temporary Food Event Permit from the Tulare County Health Department. Please attach a copy of any Health Department permits you have. You may apply for membership before obtaining permits.
- There is a $15 processing fee for all food vendor applications.
- Food vendor applications for Saturday farmers market are only reviewed twice a year. The next application review will be in December 2019.
Community Groups – the basics
- VFMA allows approved non-profit organizations and community information groups to have space at the market.
- All interested parties requesting such a space must apply and be approved by the VFMA Board of Directors.
- Approved groups are allowed to participate FREE of charge at Visalia Farmers Markets on a once per market day (Th. and Sat.) basis and contingent on pre-approval.
- Resell of items, approved by the board of directors, related to or in support of a participating organization for fund raising purposes, is permitted.
- Health permits may be required for food related items.
- Any fundraising must be approved in advance by the Market Manager.