The Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program (SFMNP) is a federally funded program that provides low-income seniors with SFMNP check booklets that can be used to purchase fresh fruits, vegetables, honey, and herbs at participating certified farmers markets.
In California, the Senior FMNP begins in May and runs through the end of November when check booklets will be distributed and accepted by participating farmers at certified farmers markets. The Visalia Farmers Market Association is proud to participate in the Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program as an authorized certified farmers’ market to accept SFMNP check booklets.
How it works:
- The Kings/Tulare Area Agency on Aging administers the program in Tulare County by distributing the Senior FMNP check booklets directly to qualified seniors at all of our markets.
- Check distribution occurs at market during May or June each year.
- Check distribution is solely determined by the Kings/Tulare Area Agency on Aging.
- On the day check booklets are distributed, the Kings/Tulare Area Agency on Aging has a booth at market and qualifying seniors need only show a valid driver’s license and answer a couple of questions about their income to receive one. Only one booklet is distributed per qualifying customer.
- Seniors who receive the SFMNP check booklet have until the last day in November to redeem all of the $2 checks with any of our authorized farmers.
2018 Senior FMNP Coupon Distribution Schedule:
Visalia – Sears Parking Lot (Caldwell & Mooney Blvd.):
Downtown Dinuba (289 South “L” Street):
Porterville – Sierra View Hospital (465 W. Putnam Ave.):