Goat’s milk cheese (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
These easy appetizers are fast healthy and can be made ahead of a holiday party or dinner.
TIME: 30 MIN SERVES: 12
1/2 cup salted roasted almonds, very finely chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
4 ounces fresh goat cheese, softened
4 Fuyu persimmons, peeled, and seeded if necessary
Aged balsamic vinegar, for serving directions
1. In a small bowl, mix 3 tablespoons of the almonds and the parsley with the goat cheese.
2. Divide the mixture into 6 equal pieces and roll each into a ball.
3. Slice each fuyu persimmon crosswise to 1/4 inch thick
4. Sandwich each goat cheese ball between 2 persimmon slices, pressing to flatten slightly.
5. Roll the edges in the remaining almonds and refrigerate until firm, at least 10 minutes or overnight.
6. Cut each round into quarters and transfer to a plate. Drizzle lightly with balsamic vinegar and serve.