Over the next couple of weeks I will be posting recipes from the last few market demonstrations. Here is the recipe from the April market. Enjoy!!!
Spring vegetable Salad with Shallot-Thyme Vinaigrette
Serves 2 as a main course salad or 4 as a side salad
4 cups Assorted Spring vegetables, blanched; some of my favorites include Fava beans, snap peas, English peas, zucchini, carrots, fennel, cauliflower, celery root, radishes
8 cups Assorted lettuces, cleaned and cut into bite size pieces. Feel free to throw in some pea greens, fresh herbs, or anything else leafy you like.
5 or 6 Tbsp. Shallot-Thyme Vinaigrette (recipe follows)
- 1.Toss all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl
- 2.Season to taste with salt and pepper. Enjoy!!
Shallot Thyme Vinaigrette
Yields about 1 cup
2 Tbsp. White wine vinegar
1 clove Garlic, chopped
2 Tbsp. Shallots, sliced
¼ tsp. Fresh tarragon
1 tsp. Fresh thyme
1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1.Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth, about 1 minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 2.Let sit in refrigerator overnight to allow flavors to blend.
- 3.Strain and enjoy. Will last up to one month in your refrigerator.